Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Blog assignment for week 2 9/7/16



The Old Guitarist 1904

One of the fascinating paintings I prefer to present is The Old Guitarist by Pablo Picasso in 1903-1904. It is exhibited in the Art Institute of Chicago. I select it because it was designed by Picasso in his early years, the blue period. It attracted me because it is more like a classic painting instead of the cubism painting afterwards like Girl with a Mandolin (although Girl with a Mandolin was only painted 6 years later). I consider Picasso's works presenting us the momentous change between the classic and modern art during the 1900s. I like the most about this painting is that Picasso clearly describe the inner emotions of the guitarist ,which is sadness and helpless, from his face.

Picture's resources:


Girl with a Mandolin 1910

No comments:

Post a Comment